Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long

 
Can I just say...I loved loved loved this book! Having read other Amish fiction titles, I tended to be disappointed in the romance department. Usually these novels are very sweet but a bit dull when it comes to the relationships between the main characters. This story was definitely sweet but also edgier and I found it so refreshing to see the author not shy away from Lilly and Jacob's attraction for each other. Don't most young people have these feelings of excitement, longing and passion in a relationship? Just because these ones happen to be Amish doesn't mean they don't share the same emotions any "Englisher" does. I thought Kelly Long captured the wonder of first, or even second time, love really well making it very relate able to anyone who's ever experienced it before themselves.

This is the first book I've had the chance to read by Kelly Long and it definitely won't be the last. I'm planning on checking out Sarah's Garden, the first book in the Patch of Heaven series, and hopefully the following one when it comes out. I'd love to find out more about Seth, Jacob's warm hearted brother, and can't wait to see where romance leads him. Lilly's Wedding Quilt is a very engaging story and I found myself picking it up every spare chance I got. I'm always excited when I find a new favorite author and Kelly has definitely been added to that list. Thanks for a great read and I look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...